SPICE 5 Release Notes
5.23033 Update (2013-01-28)
- "Cool Plot" heatmap-style plot
- Improved registration system
- Multiple bug fixes
- Updated Help Book
5.22012 Update (2012-02-09)
- Fixed problem where data view structure (vars/params) and result categories could not be reordered.
- Fixed large memory usage problem that can lead to a crash on large data sets.
- Fixed problem where computed data could be missing / incorrectly displayed.
- Vastly increased performance.
- Numerous miscellaneous bug fixes.
5.21003 Update (2011-09-04)
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
- Fixed Max Y range problem where points equal to the Max Y would not be plotted.
- New data views will now be set to 0.0 min y, with auto-min setting disabled by default.
5.21002 Update (2011-09-03)
- Fixed problem with export panel not showing
- Fixed problem where print command produced no output
- SPICE 5.2 now uses Sparkle automatic updating frameowrk.
5.20091 Final Release (2011-03-14)
- Final release of SPICE 5.2.
5.2009 Public Beta (2011-03-02)
- Fixed Bar chart drawing bounds bugs
- Fixed a left-bias problem with bar chart scatter points
- Fixed another import bug specific to OS X 10.5
- Fixed problem with parameter drag-and-drop order
5.2008 Public Beta (2011-02-25)
- Fixed broken printing command
- Fixed import bug triggered by bad formatting
- Fixed import bug specific to OS X 10.5
- Scale now defaults to absolute vs. relative in new data views
5.2007 Public Beta (2011-02-22)
- Fixed problem where SPICE would allow all variables to be set to non-categorical roles.
- Fixed source editor bug where editing a source data value could cause an exception and potentially damage the document.
- Fixed drawing error with bar chart point scattering feature and improved behavior.
- Fixed a problem that could cause a crash on import (SPICE will now detect this formatting problem and warn with resolution steps).
5.2006 Public Beta (2011-02-18)
- Fixed problem with graph zoom controls.
- Fixed problem where mean/median pie chart settings were swapped.
- Fixed problem where categories with values whose median values were all zero (sum == 0.0 in pie means no slices) would display a confusing "no values" message instead of explaining that it can't plot because the sum is 0.0.
- Fixed problem where negative threshold values could not be input.
- Fixed problem where changes to threshold value would not be committed if you clicked done without pressing return first.
5.2005 Public Beta (2011-02-15)
- Added How to Cite SPICE and Read SPICE Paper menu links
- Fixed an issue where importing txt files causes an exception
- Fixed behavior in distribution stats when encountering log10(0.0)
- Updated the help book to reflect 5.2 changes
- Changed update system to quit after download when an update is
- Fixed major crashing bug when overlaying data
- Fixed a problem with menu validation
- Added version 4's distribution test (accessible from the toolbar)
- Added option for distribution tests to be run against
- Fixed further y axis notation bugs
- Fixed performance and accuracy problem with Wilcoxon Rank Test
- Fixed crashing bug on import
- Added drag-to-export to source and result tables
- Added user option to limit number of pie graphs per row
- Renamed "Bars get color priority" formatting option to "Use
colors for error bars"
- Renamed "Show data view summary chart" to "Show algorithm legend"
- Added option to show major/minor ticks on NPlot and Bar Chart
- Fixed y axis 0. notation formatting
- Fixed bug where editing source data after import caused an
- Fixed bug where bottom scale markers would not be drawn
- Changed minimum pie radius to 10 pixels
- Added ability to choose between mean and median for pie slices
- Fixed bug where pinned thresholds would remain draggable
- No longer uses Core Data (fixing many file saving issues)
- Added basic source data and structure editing
- Moved measurements drawer into graph views system as another way
of looking at a data view
- Improved performance (4x faster than 5.1)